Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
Hours: Part time – 3 days per week
Salary: advised on application
An exciting and exceptional opportunity has arisen for an ADI at Regional Driving Assessment Centre (RDAC) – Oxford. We are a small but supportive team and an accredited member of Driving Mobility.
You will be working in a team with an Occupational Therapist to carry out assessments with clients with a diverse range of medical conditions focusing on both physical vehicle control and cognitive assessment
The role comprises:
- Enabling people to remain independent on the road by using problem-solving skills to assess for appropriate adaptations to overcome physical disabilities
- Working alongside Occupational Therapists to follow an assessment structure in order to form a recommendation to inform the client, DVLA and Health Professionals
- Using reasoning and evaluation skills to assimilate findings, make recommendations and produce written reports
- The successful candidate must be a qualified ADI, however no previous experience of driving assessments is necessary as a full induction package and training will be offered
- Work will predominantly be in our Oxford Centre, however travel to outreach locations will sometimes be necessary
- Hours of work are 22.5 per week. A generous annual leave allowance will be provided along with a pension scheme and financial sickness cover
To obtain a full job description and person specification please ring 0300 300 2240, email: email@example.com
To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this application, we will interview as we receive applications
Location: RDAC Manchester, AJ Bell Stadium, Salford
Responsible to: Assessment Team Manager
Hours: Part-Time (circa 25 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
The Regional Driving Assessment Service (RDAC) has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to work at our Assessment Centre located at the AJ Bell Stadium in Barton, Salford. As an accredited member of Driving Mobility, RDAC is a successful, forward thinking and established organisation with a number of locations throughout the UK. RDAC provides a range of services for people with disabilities to enable them to remain independent either as drivers, passengers or wheelchair users and also provides an information and advice service on community mobility. Due to service expansion, we have a vacancy for an Administrator to join our team to provide full administrative support to our locations in the North of England.
The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative in a busy office environment. The ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional organisational skills are essential. You will work closely with colleagues in Manchester as well as with the RDAC administration team at the Birmingham head office to ensure referrals are processed accurately and appointments scheduled. The successful candidate will have good educational standards with a minimum of GCSE or equivalent A-C in Maths and English and must be able to use Microsoft software packages. You will need to have a good telephone manner and customer relationship skills as dealing with clients both face-to-face and over the telephone is an essential part of this role.Previous experience of working with people with disabilities would be an advantage.
For further details, or to discuss this role please contact Sean Barratt by telephone (0300 300 2240) or email ( email@example.com )
To apply, please email a curriculum vitae with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org