Vacancy – Office Manager and Marketing Lead
An exciting opportunity is available for an outstanding professional who can work well as part of a team in a busy office environment. As an accredited member of Driving Mobility, RDAC is a successful, forward thinking and established organisation with a number of Assessment Centres throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will need to be a motivated self-starter who will ensure competent, timely and effective administration of key functions of the service. The role will involve liaising with clients, stakeholders and external organisations and the successful candidate will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal with people in a professional manner. The successful candidate will line manage the administration and support team and form part of the charity’s management team.
The purpose of the role will be to take ownership of the day-to-day running of the administration and support service, dealing with all office administration functions. You will also provide support for the CEO and Finance Officer with the invoicing, payroll and performance reporting duties.
The successful candidate will also coordinate marketing of the service to both new and existing referrers and stakeholders and take responsibility for website and social media updates and represent the organisation at local and national events.
You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Assessment Team Managers to support with the planning and implementation of all key functions of the service, in order to meet and exceed the required standards and targets.
As part of the role, you will be required to participate in national meetings and events and to travel to other assessment centres within RDAC and Driving Mobility. This may involve overnight stays on occasions.
As office manager and marketing lead, your responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- using a range of software, including management software, email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- maintaining effective and professional communication throughout the organisation, ensuring that information is processed, communicated and recorded efficiently.
- ensuring that client appointments are booked in line with activity targets.
- supporting colleagues with the Invoicing and Payroll functions of the service.
- maintaining relationships with existing referrers and develop links with new business opportunities.
- working alongside the Assessment Team Managers to ensure the smooth running of the service. Delegating work to staff and prioritising work to ensure targets are achieved.
- participating in management meetings and produce agendas and minutes.
- producing correspondence to staff, clients and referrers through periodic letters and communications.
- managing, update and maintain online and paper filing systems.
- being instrumental in the implementation of new administrative systems
- overseeing the recruitment of new administration and support staff, including training and induction
- promoting staff development and training
- responding to information enquiries and complaints
- working with colleagues from other assessment centres to share and develop best practice.
- working with the Management Team to ensure policies are being followed.
- working alongside all staff to ensure administrative functions are managed correctly in line with GDPR requirements.
- managing administrative and support staff holiday requests and sick days and arrange or provide cover.
- ensuring the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis through the effective planning, management and communication of operations and tasks.
- providing structured and regular supervision to the administrative and support staff.
- coordinating office activities and operations to improve efficiency and ensure compliance to company policies.
- ensuring that the website and social media channels are updated and maintained regularly and effectively.
The successful candidate will:
- be discreet and confidential and focussed on providing excellent service.
- have excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills both face-to-face and virtually.
- be organised and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- be flexible in approach and have the ability to multi-task in order to manage people and resources.
- have the ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- work using your own initiative and to deadlines.
- have previous experience in a busy office environment.
- have experience of managing staff.
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Location: RDAC Head Office – Hampton-In-Arden
Start Date: ASAP
Applications: To apply, please submit a Curriculum Vitae and a comprehensive covering letter detailing why you are suited to this role to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday 8th February 2021
To discuss this role in more detail, or for any further information please contact Sean Barratt by telephone on 0300 300 2240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the attached Person Specification – Person Specification (1)
Vacancy – Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
Location: Accrington, Lancashire and Salford, Manchester
Hours: To be arranged
Hourly Rate: This is a contracted position. Hourly rate to be discussed.
Due to service expansion, RDAC has an exciting opportunity for an ADI to join its newly established Driving School. This is a part time role with scope for increased hours in the future. The successful candidate will provide driving tuition, mainly from RDAC locations in Salford, Greater Manchester and Accrington, East Lancashire. Dual controlled tuition vehicle(s) will be provided in order to deliver the tuition and all costs will be covered by RDAC. Tuition will be delivered in manual vehicles as well as adapted and unadapted automatic vehicles. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of teaching pupils with adaptations although full training is available if required.
As an accredited member of Driving Mobility, RDAC is a successful, forward thinking and established organisation with a number of Assessment Centres throughout the UK. As part of our Driving School team, you will work closely with the assessment team who provide assessments for a wide range of clients on behalf of DVLA, Motability and Health Professionals. You must be able to work on your own initiative in a busy environment. The ability to multi-task and demonstrate exceptional organisational skills are essential. You will liaise regularly with the RDAC administration team to ensure bookings and payments are processed accurately. You will also be responsible for detailed and accurate documentation of pupil progress. The successful candidate will have good educational standards and must be able to use Microsoft software packages.
The successful candidate must be a qualified DVSA Approved Driving Instructor.
A full induction package and training will be offered.
For further details, or to discuss this role please contact Sean Barratt by telephone (0300 300 2240) or email. Sbarratt@rdac.co.uk
Application deadline: 31/01/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Overtime, Weekends,
Experience: ADI: 1 year (Preferred)
Vacancy – Occupational Therapist
An exciting opportunity to work in the charity sector with a great team at the Regional Driving Assessment Centre (RDAC)…
To be based at our Head Office in Meriden. Occasional travel may be required at times to cover some of our other midlands centres.
Salary £24,907+ (pay according to level of experience)
Full-time Monday to Friday (37 hours)
To start: ASAP
The Regional Driving Assessment Centre (RDAC) are currently recruiting for a qualified, HCPC registered, Occupational Therapist (full-time) to be involved with assessment and advice for people wishing to drive and/or access vehicles with various health problems and disabilities, working in conjunction with Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) and an administration team. We are ideally looking for someone with previous experience of working with patients/clients with various neurological or musculoskeletal conditions. Experience of working with children is desirable. We offer some paediatric services including child car seat clinic, Bugzi and Tryb4ufly.
An induction period is provided with further training on the job and ongoing supervision and professional development. There will also be a mandatory post-graduate certificate in Driving Assessment and Outdoor Mobility to be completed within 5 years of employment. For further information please contact Clare Jones (Assessment Team Manager), call; 0121 359 4222 (Office hours 8.30am – 4.30pm). Please see our website for more detail on the work we do as a charity www.rdac.co.uk.
Please contact me directly to express your interest with a copy of your CV and detailing why you would like the post, along with relevant work experience. All applications to be received by Friday 11th December 2020. Interviews will take place in December.
Assessment Team Manager